Friday 10 April 2015

Great Game OSTs (Part 4)


Action Game Music





Name: The Only Thing I Know For Real
From: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Artist: Jamie Christopherson


Here we are, the most legendary theme in "Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance". Not only is the fight where this song plays the most badass fight in the damn game, it fits perfectly for Sam, who turns up as Raiden's rival. I love most of the songs in "Revengeance" (probably going to do another one in another OST related post), but this is by far, the best one in the game. It hits hard, it hits fast, and it just screams epic showdown between 2 glorious samurai bastards. Just from hearing the intro alone, you'll crack your neck from head banging, I guarantee it. Its because of this theme I refuse to forget the battle between Sam and Raiden.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhHeGZoWl0g




RPG Music





Name: Mass Destruction
From: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3
Artist: Shoji Meguro, Lotus Juice


Baby baby baby baby baby baby.....*cue awesome jazz and trumpets*. The "Persona" games (from 3 onwards at least) have FANTASTIC J-pop inspired music which makes up for a majority of their entire soundtracks. "Mass Destruction" was the main battle theme for the game, and I swear to god you'll be listening to this until your ears bleed. Luckily for you though, this is one hell of an addictive battle theme. Sure, its weird at first, but stick to it and I'll guarantee that its one of the most ridiculously awesome things to listen to. To this day, people still think I'm retarded when I start breaking out into a mini dance while walking on the street. Its because of this theme.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jwRkJV4CQY







Name: Wiping All Out
From: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable
Artist: Shoji Meguro, Lotus Juice


Just when you thought old Shoji and Lotus Juice could not top "Mass Destruction", they pull out this masterpiece. I LOVE the female protagonist's design, and when I played as her, I was hyped as f**k. However, nothing could have been more hype than having her battle theme play for the first time. I mean, I expected "Mass Destruction", but when I heard "Wiping All Out", I just had to smile. This thing is catchier, it hits harder, and hell, even its lyrics are more badass (I'm not a princess, hell yeah, Hamuko's always in the front lines). While "Mass Destruction" makes me break out into a small dance, "Wiping All Out" makes me jump up for no reason, that's when people start calling the police on me.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kLTl4DqGHE







Name: Sinnoh Champion Battle Theme
From: Pokemon Black/White 2
Artist: Junichi Masuda, Go Ichinose


Cynthia is the definition of a champion. Not to be a fanboy, but Cynthia is my favorite champion...EVER, with Red and Steven not too far behind (and N as well, if you consider him a one). Despite being a totally awesome character and having a totally awesome team, her THEME is just pure eargasm! She destroys you with her Garchomp, then she destroys you with her theme. Listen to every champion theme that has ever existed, if you were to pick the most intimidating theme out of them all, it would be Cynthia's theme, no doubt about it. Its so imposing, its so upbeat, it MAKES you think that you're fighting a REAL battle against someone who's going to kick your ass. Cynthia may be the fist female champion, but she's also the most badass one.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhFHKoqjJt4







Name: Dragon Slayer Ornstein &  Executioner Smough
From: Dark Souls
Artist: Motoi Sakuraba


Sakuraba has composed a lot of music that sound rather same-ish. Well, the joke is on everyone, because NOBODY expected him to compose music for the "souls" games. Ornstein and Smough is one of the HARDEST boss in the "Souls" series, and easily the toughest one in the game itself. If you're going to be dieing to these guys over and over, at least let us have good music to die to! Luckily, this theme knocks the atmosphere way out of the park when battling old fatso and beanie. It feels SO EPIC, SO GLORIOUS, like you're battling beings out of the stuff of LEGENDS. Scratch that, these 2 are considered legends in the video gaming boss world for their notorious difficulty.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX51T-EipOo



Other





Name: Pursuit ~ Cornered
From: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Series
Artist: Masakazu Sugimori


Phoenix is a f**king legend. His games are ridiculously legendary, he's an amazing character, and I cannot WAIT to play the 5th PW game on the 3DS (its out, I just haven't got it yet). Mr Wright is a beast in the court, and what better way than to showcase it by playing some awesome music when he's cornering his opponents? "Pursuit ~ Cornered" is a freaking addictive piece of music that gets you PUMPED whenever you're on the winning side of a case. Everytime this theme comes on, I just want to slam my hands on my desk needlessly, point outside the window and scream "OBJECTION" inside my head. Whoever manages to see me from below will think I'm a retard, but in all seriousness, its so F**KING WORTH IT.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3R8tkvlAlk





Name: Discussion -Heat Up-
From: Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
Artist: Masafumi Takada


You know what's more epic than PW's cornered theme? This. F**KING, THIS. "Danganronpa"'s ost may not be as well known, but HOLY HELL, is it amazing! There's so much to like about it, especially the class trial themes. This one, takes the cake. "Discussion -Heat Up-", as the name suggest, plays when Naegi is closing in on a case for good, and THIS IS SO FITTING TO LISTENING TO WHEN EVERYONE IN THE TRIAL IS FREAKING OUT. While you're trying to look for contradictions in your classmates' testimonies, this theme playing in the background just makes you want to kick ASS. Its like the game wants you to lose via time outs, BECAUSE I DON'T WANT THE DISCUSSION WHEN THIS THEME IS PLAYING. Okay, I'll stop with the caps now, I'm sorry guys.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHMQMW8WTYk